UPME User Groups is an addon to provide user group capabilities to UPME. Admin can create groups and assign users. Groups can be displayed on frontend only for group members.
You can directly purchase this plugin from Gumroad by clicking the Purchase Addon button.
- Private files between group members
- Private discussions between group members
- Supports PDF, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Excel, AVI, MPG, MP3 , MOV, HTML, ZIP, Text, OpenDocument Text, OpenDocument Sheets, OpenDocument Presentation, ICO, GIF, PNG, JPG.
Pricing ( Excluding Taxes for your Country)
- Support Renewals – $25/Year ( Personal and Business license holders need to renew support every year at this rate. Without renewals, you won’t be able to get support from our team after 1 Year. However, you may continue to use the product and get updates for lifetime without support. Developer license holders don’t need support renewals as it contains life time support.
- WordPress 4.3 or higher
- UPME version 2.1.15 or higher
- You should have already installed UPME version 2.1.15 or higher, before using this addon.
- Installing UPME User Groups – Upload and extract the
/wp-contents/pluginsfolder in your WordPress installation.
- Activate the addon using Plugins section of WordPress.
- Now you are ready to get started.
Practical Use Cases
- Share Private files between group members.
- Private discussions between group members.
Manage User Groups
You can create user groups and members using the Groups section on the left menu. Click Add New button to get the group creation screen as shown in the following screenshot.
Let’s identify the settings.
- Title – You can enter a title for your group.
- Description– You can enter a description for your group. Description is used in front-end groups of PRO version.
- Add New Users – Type users first or last names to search and add users to the group. Once added, click the Publish button to save the group and group members.
Once members are added, group screen will look like the following screenshot. You can use pagination to view all users in group.
Now go to the Groups list and you will find the shortcode of the group as shown in the following screenshot. You can use the shortcode in a post/page to display front-end group with private discussions and private files.
Discussions is the first tab available in front-end groups. This section is used to send messages to the group and discuss them using comments. Only group members are allowed to post messages. Once message, is posted, it will be added to the top of the messages list. By default, 5 messages are displayed with comments. You can browse more messages by clicking the View More Messages button as shown in the following screenshot.
You can also delete messages/comments by clicking the Delete button in front of message/comment. Only message/comment creator is allowed to delete the message/comment. If message is deleted, comments for that message will be also deleted. Once message/comment is deleted, it will be removed from the list and success message will be displayed similar to following screenshot.
Members is the second tab available in front-end groups. This section is used to display the members of the group as shown in following screenshot.
By default, 20 members are displayed.View More Members button will be displayed when you have large number of users.
Files is the third tab available in front-end groups. This section is used to upload/download files of group members. All group members can upload files and download files uploaded by other users. Users can also delete their own files. Members can add a file by clicking on the Add File button. It will display a form to add a file as shown in the following screen.
Once uploaded, file will be added to list and you can download it immediately. Following screen previews list of files available inside the group.
Users can click Delete button of their own files to delete the files from group. Users can also click View Details button to view the file description and uploaded user.
About is the fourth tab available in front-end groups. This section is used to display the description of the group as shown in following screenshot.
Limitations in Private Groups
- Users can’t create groups. Only admin can create groups.
- Users can’t join to groups. Only admins can add users to groups.
- Group messages is visible for all members. No restrictions per user/user role.
- Group files is visible for all members.No restrictions per user/user role.
- You should deactivate the addon before upgrading to new version.
- You can upload and replace the previous version folder using ftp or delete the existing version from WordPress plugins list and upload the new version.
- This addon does not provide an automatic upgrade routine at this stage.
- Once uploaded you can reactivate the plugin.
- If you follow the proper procedure and if we haven’t mentioned anything special about each release, you won’t loose any data or settings by upgrading to new versions.
- Refunds may only be issued within 30 days of the purchase date. After 30 days no refunds can be processed.
- No refunds will be offered unless you allow us to adequately try and assist you in resolving the issue on your site.
- You can get a refund if you find bugs in the addon and developer can’t get it sorted within a feasible time period.
- No refunds will be provided for conflicts with themes or other plugins.
- No refunds will be provided when the features are not capable of handling your requirements. So please make sure to ask Pre-Sales questions and confirm whether its right for you.