UPME Ratings and Reviews is an addon created to provide user ratings and review capabilities for User Profiles Made Easy. This addon allows you to create star rating fields for multiple rating categories. These rating fields can be used to rate and review other users on various criteria and display the ratings/reviews inside the the user profiles in your WordPress website as explained in the features section.
You can directly purchase this plugin from Gumroad by clicking the Purchase Addon button.
- 5-Star and 10-Star Ratings Fields for members.
- Create multiple rating/review fields to capture rating data for different criteria.
- Add reviews for members.
- Members can rate/review other members.
- Display average rating on profile.
- Display ratings/reviews list inside a custom tab.
Pricing ( Excluding Taxes for your Country)
- Support Renewals – $25/Year ( Personal and Business license holders need to renew support every year at this rate. Without renewals, you won’t be able to get support from our team after 1 Year. However, you may continue to use the product and get updates for lifetime without support. Developer license holders don’t need support renewals as it contains life time support.
- WordPress 4.3 or higher
- UPME version 2.1.15 or higher
- You should have already installed UPME version 2.1.15 or higher, before using this addon.
- Installing UPME Ratings and Reviews – Upload and extract the
/wp-contents/pluginsfolder in your WordPress installation.
- Activate the addon using Plugins section of WordPress.
- Now you are ready to get started.
Practical Use Cases
- Let users add ratings for different skills.
- Let users add ratings for different services.
- Let users review member profiles
Usage of User Rating Fields
First, you need to create user rating fields from the UPME custom fields section. You will see 2 new field types called 5-Star Rating and 10-Star Rating as shown in the following screenshot.
You can create one or more user rating fields based on your requirements. Once fields are created, you should go to UPME Ratings and Reviews settings page on left menu as shown in the following screenshot.
Let’s identify the use of each setting.
- User Reviews on Rating Fields – This setting allows you to enable/disable reviews on user rating fields. If Reviews are disabled, users can only provide star ratings.
- Rated User Name Field – This setting is used to define the custom field for displaying names of rated users. By default, username of the rated user will be displayed as shown in the following screenshot. You can change it to First Name, Last Name or Display Name.
- Star Rating Color – This setting defined the color of star icons in rating fields. By default, stars are displayed in grey color as shown in the following screenshot.
Once changed, star rating field color will look like the following screenshot.
- Link to Rated User Profiles – This setting is used for linking rated users to their profiles. By default, profiles are not linked and rated users will display similar to following screenshot.
Once link is enabled, profiles are linked and rated users will display similar to following screenshot.
How to Add Ratings and Reviews
- Only logged in users can rate other users. If you are not logged in, you can only see ratings of other users.
- Once ratings fields are created as explained in previous section, you will see the rating fields inside the other members profiles as shown in the following screenshot.
- You can hover the mouse over the stars and it will be highlighted to show the number of stars for rating. Once clicked, rating will be saved on the database.
- If reviews are enabled, you will see the rating success message and review form after few seconds as shown in the following screenshot.
- You can add a title and content of your review and save the review along with rating. Once review is completed, review form will be closed automatically and you will be redirected to profile.
- If reviews are not enabled, you will see the rating success message and no review form will be displayed as shown in following screenshot.
- Once you go back to the profile, you will see updated average rating on profile.
- If reviews are enabled, you can show rating and review for a custom field inside a profile tab as shown in the following screenshot.
- If reviews are not enabled, you can show ratings for a custom field inside a profile tab as shown in the following screenshot.
- You should deactivate the addon before upgrading to new version.
- You can upload and replace the previous version folder using ftp or delete the existing version from WordPress plugins list and upload the new version.
- This addon does not provide an automatic upgrade routine at this stage.
- Once uploaded you can reactivate the plugin.
- If you follow the proper procedure and if we haven’t mentioned anything special about each release, you won’t loose any data or settings by upgrading to new versions.
- Refunds may only be issued within 30 days of the purchase date. After 30 days no refunds can be processed.
- No refunds will be offered unless you allow us to adequately try and assist you in resolving the issue on your site.
- You can get a refund if you find bugs in the addon and developer can’t get it sorted within a feasible time period.
- No refunds will be provided for conflicts with themes or other plugins.
- No refunds will be provided when the features are not capable of handling your requirements. So please make sure to ask Pre-Sales questions and confirm whether its right for you.