UPME Private Messages is an addon created to provide user messaging capabilities for users of User Profiles Made Easy. This addon allows you to create private messaging sending and receiving system based on different user role permissions.
You can directly purchase this plugin from Gumroad by clicking the Purchase Addon button.
- Send and receive private messages for members.
- Set permissions on sending messages based on user role.
- Set permissions on receiving messages based on user role.
Pricing ( Excluding Taxes for your Country)
- Support Renewals – $25/Year ( Personal and Business license holders need to renew support every year at this rate. Without renewals, you won’t be able to get support from our team after 1 Year. However, you may continue to use the product and get updates for lifetime without support. Developer license holders don’t need support renewals as it contains life time support.
- WordPress 4.3 or higher
- UPME version 2.1.15 or higher
- You should have already installed UPME version 2.1.15 or higher, before using this addon.
- Installing UPME Private Messages – Upload and extract the
/wp-contents/pluginsfolder in your WordPress installation.
- Activate the addon using Plugins section of WordPress.
- Now you are ready to get started.
User Private Messages Settings
In this section, we are going to identify the settings for this addon. You can access the settings from UPME Private Messages section in the left menu. Settings section contains 2 tabs called General Settings and Message Restrictions. Following screenshot previews the General Settings section of Private Messages addon.
Let’s identity the settings.
- Enable Private Messages Tab – Private messages tab creates a custom profile tab to manage the messaging between users. You can use this setting to enable/disable messaging for all users on your site. If you don’t have profile tabs enabled, you can’t use the messaging features. Messages tab is only available for members inside their own profile.
- Message Limit for Pagination – This setting defines how many messages are displayed by default and per page. Once the messages reaches this limit, users will get View More Messages button to load the next set of messages. By default, this limit is set to 5 messages.
Next, we can look at the settings for Message Restrictions using the following screenshot.
Let’s identity the settings.
- Messaging Sending Capability – This is setting is used to define users who can send messages to other users. By default, All Members can send messages. You can allow message sending capability to specific user roles by using Selected User Roles for this setting. Once selected, you can select the user roles by using Allowed User Roles setting.
- Messaging Receiving Capability – This is setting is used to define users who can receive messages from other users. By default, All Members can receive messages. You can allow message receiving capability to specific user roles by using Selected User Roles for this setting. Once selected, you can select the user roles by using Allowed User Roles setting.
Users can send and receive messages based on the permissions for these 2 settings.
Sending Messages from User Profile Header
Simplest way of sending a private message is to use the Send Message button on profile header section. You will see the Send Message button when following criteria are matched.
- You have to login to your profile
- You should have message sending capability
- The profile you are viewing and trying to send a message should have message receiving capability
Once all these criteria is matched, you will see the Send Message button on other user profiles as shown in the following screenshot.
Once the button is clicked, user will get a popup with message sending form as shown in the following screenshot.
User can add a message and click Send Message button to send the message to the user of the viewed profile. Once message is sent, success message will appear and popup will be closed automatically.
Using the Private Messages Tab
User can go to other users profile and send messages as explained in the previous section. However, user have to use Privates Messages tab to receive messages and receive responses to the messages sent. Once user logged into their account, user will see a custom tab for private messages as shown in the following screenshot.
All the existing messages will be displayed in the messages tab as shown in the above screenshot. User can also use this section to send a new message to another user. User can type the message on Write a Message textarea and use Select a Member field to search member by typing the first or last names. User can then select a member from the available list and click Send Message button to send a new message. Once message is sent, it will be added immediately to the top of the messages list as shown in the following screenshot.
User can use the Send Reply button on each message to send a reply to the messages sent by other users or replies sent by other users. User can also delete their own messages by clicking the Delete button. Users can send/receive messages based on their permission levels.
If you have defined 5 as the value for Message Limit for Pagination, latest 5 main messages will be shown on users profile. You have to click View More Messages button at the bottom to load next 5 messages. However, you will see all the replies for your first 5 messages.
- You should deactivate the addon before upgrading to new version.
- You can upload and replace the previous version folder using ftp or delete the existing version from WordPress plugins list and upload the new version.
- This addon does not provide an automatic upgrade routine at this stage.
- Once uploaded you can reactivate the plugin.
- If you follow the proper procedure and if we haven’t mentioned anything special about each release, you won’t loose any data or settings by upgrading to new versions.
- Refunds may only be issued within 30 days of the purchase date. After 30 days no refunds can be processed.
- No refunds will be offered unless you allow us to adequately try and assist you in resolving the issue on your site.
- You can get a refund if you find bugs in the addon and developer can’t get it sorted within a feasible time period.
- No refunds will be provided for conflicts with themes or other plugins.
- No refunds will be provided when the features are not capable of handling your requirements. So please make sure to ask Pre-Sales questions and confirm whether its right for you.