UPME Document Manager is an addon created to provide file/document custom fields for User Profiles Made Easy. This addon allows you to create file/document fields and let users upload and manage multiple files through a single custom field. User can list, download or delete his files through the custom field and make them available for public. You can also set permissions for users who are capable of viewing other users documents lists.
You can directly purchase this plugin from Gumroad by clicking the Purchase Addon button.
- Document Manager Fields for members.
- Upload multiple files using single custom field.
- Display your file list to other users.
- Let users download the files and view description.
- Upload multiple file types using the same custom field.
- Supports PDF, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Excel, AVI, MPG, MP3 , MOV, HTML, ZIP, Text, OpenDocument Text, OpenDocument Sheets, OpenDocument Presentation, ICO, GIF, PNG, JPG.
- Private documents between admin and profile owner
Pricing ( Excluding Taxes for your Country)
- Support Renewals – $25/Year ( Personal and Business license holders need to renew support every year at this rate. Without renewals, you won’t be able to get support from our team after 1 Year. However, you may continue to use the product and get updates for lifetime without support. Developer license holders don’t need support renewals as it contains life time support.
- WordPress 4.3 or higher
- UPME version 2.1.15 or higher
- You should have already installed UPME version 2.1.15 or higher, before using this addon.
- Installing UPME Document Manager – Upload and extract the
/wp-contents/pluginsfolder in your WordPress installation.
- Activate the addon using Plugins section of WordPress.
- Now you are ready to get started.
Practical Use Cases
- Private files between admin and profile owner.
- Share multiple files with other users.
Usage of User Document Fields
First, you need to create Document fields from the UPME custom fields section. You will see a new field types called Documents Field as shown in the following screenshot.
You can create one or more documents fields based on your requirements. Once fields are created, you should go to UPME Document Manager settings page on left menu as shown in the following screenshot.
First, you have to select the available file types for all your documents fields from the available list. In this example, I have added MP3 and PDF as allowed file types.
Next setting defines whether you want to display the file list for Document fields after the fields section. Document fields list will be shown for selection. If you don’t have any document fields, options for this setting will be empty. Following screenshot previews how Document field is shown after the profile fields section.
How to Add Files to Documents Fields
Once logged in user can go to Edit Profile section and find the Upload Documents button for each Document field as shown in the following screenshot.
This button if available only if the user has necessary permission to edit this field. Administrator has access to this field and they can add files to users Documents fields.
Once click on Upload Documents button, user will get a screen similar to following screenshot.
User can click on the Add File button to load the Add File form as shown in the following screenshot.
User can add a title and description for the file. Then user can upload a file from the allowed file types list. Once uploaded, user will get the success message and file added to the top of the existing list as shown in the following screenshot.
- Download button allows user to download the file.
- View Details buttons allows user to view who uploaded the file (Admin or Profile Owner) and description about the file.
- Delete button allows user to delete the file from the list.
Following screenshot previews how user can view details of a file by clicking View Details button.
Displaying Documents Fields After Profile Fields
Document fields are different from the normal custom fields. Normal custom fields are displayed inside the profile as Field Name -> Field Value format. However, Document field values are not displayed along with other fields due to the limitations in space. You can display the Document field file lists as a separate section after all the profile fields.
You have to use Display Selected Documents Lists After Fields setting to add the document fields to be displayed after the profile fields. Following screenshot previews how users see the Document field of other users after the profile fields.
Displaying Documents in Custom Profile Tabs
Document fields can be displayed in custom profile tabs instead of displaying them after the custom fields section to prevent long profiles. You need UPME All In One addon to display Document fields inside custom profile tabs.
You can go to UPME All In One -> Profile Tabs section and create a new profile tab with following shortcode.
You should replace meta key value with the meta key of your Document custom field. Following screenshot previews how profile tab is created with this shortcode.
Now you users can see the Document fields of other users based on the permission levels by clicking the profile tab as shown in the following screenshot. Other users have the ability to download/ view file details.
- You should deactivate the addon before upgrading to new version.
- You can upload and replace the previous version folder using ftp or delete the existing version from WordPress plugins list and upload the new version.
- This addon does not provide an automatic upgrade routine at this stage.
- Once uploaded you can reactivate the plugin.
- If you follow the proper procedure and if we haven’t mentioned anything special about each release, you won’t loose any data or settings by upgrading to new versions.
- Refunds may only be issued within 30 days of the purchase date. After 30 days no refunds can be processed.
- No refunds will be offered unless you allow us to adequately try and assist you in resolving the issue on your site.
- You can get a refund if you find bugs in the addon and developer can’t get it sorted within a feasible time period.
- No refunds will be provided for conflicts with themes or other plugins.
- No refunds will be provided when the features are not capable of handling your requirements. So please make sure to ask Pre-Sales questions and confirm whether its right for you.